I am not much of a tuna or chicken salad girl, but the dish was requested by a house guest and as a good hostess I did research on what makes up a good chicken salad sandwich. I found that most recipes call for mayo, chicken, dill, and grapes. I decided to combine 2 different recipes and the results were delish.
Best part: NO COOKING NECESSARY!
Enjoy this as a lunch dish or even just a snack.
Taste: 4/5 (1 AWFUL 5 AMAZING)
Skill: 1/5 (1 EASY - 5 HARD)
Time: 15 mins
- 3 cups Grilled Chicken optional: (foster farms pre cooked chicken)
- 2 cups Celery
- 3 cups of Red grapes
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill
- 2 tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 cup Green Apple
- 2 tbsp Fresh chopped chives
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 12 fl oz cup olive oil mayo
- Sliced Almonds
- 6 croissant rolls
- In a medium bowl combine, 3 cups of shredded up chicken , 3 cups of halved red grapes, 2 cups of chopped celery, 1 cup diced green apple.
- In a separate bowl, mix up the mayo, fresh dill, salt, pepper, chives & the juice of 1 whole lemon.
- Put everything together in 1 large bowl and mix it all up.
- optional : Cover and let sit in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
- Slice in half croissant roll and put mixer in the sandwich.
Serve and enjoy!