This is a staple dish everyone should make. Very Easy and tasty. Doesn't require skill or many ingredients.
Taste: 5/5 (1 AWFUL 5 AMAZING)
Skill: 1/5 (1 EASY - 5 HARD)
Time: 40 mins
- 1 ¼lbs of peeled / deveined shrimp
- 12oz angel hair pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves worth of minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan
- Cook pasta in salted water (aprrox. 5 mins). Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before draining.
- In a large Pan, heat up olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. (i recommend removing the tails before cooking)
- Saute for 2 minutes, add minced garlic and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes until the shrimp is fully cooked.
- Toss the drained pasta into the mixture of shrimp and the ½ of the reserved pasta water, add the lemon zest and juice.
- Add more pasta water little by little. and toss in the parsley and basil.
- Serve in shallow bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese, and a pinch more of parsley and basil.
And thats it! enjoy this restaurant quality dish and impress your family effortlessly.